Sunday, December 21, 2014

Review: After the Rain (Rain #1.5) by Lisa De Jong

After the Rain (Rain #1.5) by Lisa De Jong
Published December 11th 2013 by Lisa De Jong
A novella follow-up to When It Rains.

The last few years have been my best and my worst. Now I’m learning to move on after my greatest heartbreak of all.

I’m in college with the guy I’ve loved since I was just a kid, but when two people have the history we do, there are always obstacles to overcome. They say love conquers all, and it's time to find out how true that really is.

There’s life after the heartbreak and pain, but will it be what I've always dreamed of? 
My Thoughts
“Fear keeps people from doing things they want to do, and when they aren’t doing what they want to do, they’re not as happy as they could be.”

SPOILER!! If you haven’t read the first book, this story will be a bit spoiler-ish so proceed with caution.

After the Rain by Lisa De Jong was a wonderful continuation of Kate and Beau’s story! I enjoyed getting more of a perspective from Beau since he played a smaller role in the first book, but ended as a significant character when it was complete. To hear his voice in After the Rain was pure bliss!

In this second novel, we get to follow Kate and Beau immediately following the emotional storm that took place in When It Rains. This sequel is a second chance for Kate and Beau. They’ve been friends since they were five, and after Kate’s tragic experience in book one, they pursue a romance that just feels right.

Beau was a perfect balance to Kate’s stormy recovery. The love he had for her felt real and deep. I enjoyed his alpha moments because he was never overbearing and always complemented that with a hint of emotional truth. He was perfection.

“You’re the one who makes me a better person. I want to be the best for you.” ~Beau

I fell for Kate in book one, but this second installment re-cemented my feelings for this strong, yet vulnerable character. She went After the Rain was a rewarding experience. I enjoyed her honest revelations in this novel, especially when it involved her feelings for Beau.

“You loved me when I pushed you away. You loved me when I was lost. You loved me when you didn’t even know if you were going to get a chance with me. It takes true love to do that.” ~Kate

Overall, their story was amazing from beginning to end. Reading an epilogue is usually my favorite part of a book I truly enjoyed because I get to glimpse into the characters’ lives after their ending, so to have another installment was absolutely enjoyable.
5 Suns

No comments:

Post a Comment