Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Review: Love Show by Audrey Bell

Love Show by Audrey Bell
Published 2014
Hadley Arrington is the career-driven editor-in-chief of her university’s prestigious newspaper. Jack Diamond is a laidback student whose good looks have made things even easier than they need to be. She’s the girl who came out of nowhere and kissed him in the rain. He’s the boy who made her do something crazy.

When the stakes seem too high, they have to decide if they’ll let their love show or if they’ll walk away for good.
My Thoughts
“Aw, I’m not going to give up that easily,” he smiled. “You’re the one who started it. You shouldn’t have kissed me like that if you wanted to be left alone.”

Beautiful, funny and down right loveable. Yes, this book was definitely lovable!!

Love Show has been popping up on my feed and getting in my face for months! Every time it crossed my path, I’d tell it, don’t worry you’re next on my read list, but then I’d get distracted with something else and forget about it. Well ever have that feeling like, oh man I should have read you a lot sooner… you’re what I needed when I wanted to laugh, when I wanted to fall in love, when I wanted to find a couple of characters I could just care about for a bit.That’s what Love Show did to me. I regret not reading this sooner, and I regret finishing it so quickly even more.

Jack Diamond and Hadley Arrington meet at a stormed out tail gate party. Hadley’s roommate dares her to go up to a random guy and just kiss him and she chooses Jack. After the tailgate disbands because of a storm, they don’t see each other again until she runs into him because of a newspaper editorial that spotlights his fraternity with shady behavior.

What ensures is a ‘friends with benefits’ situation that has lots and lots of rules because Hadley refuses to fall in love and Jack feels the deal is too good to be true.

Well, we all know what happens to a couple that enters a ‘friends with benefits' relationship - one person gets hurt and maybe both fall in love.

Overall, I just adored Love Show. The funny banter between Jack and Hadley made me giggle and the smile never left my face. Definitely a book you shouldn’t read in public.

I loved how perfectly imperfect they were for each other, and I appreciated the later half of the book when it was time to take a serious tone. Love Show has it all, romance, awesome dialog, emotional moments, and amazing characters that make this an incredible fictional ride. I will definitely check out Audrey Bell’s other books!

Quotes:
“Just tell me, baby.”
“Do not—”
“I’m allowed to call you ‘baby’ when I’m pretending to be a criminal. That’s how criminals talk.” ~Jack

…You were super-hot in the parking lot and now you're super-cold…I'm talking in degrees of emotional warmth, not physical attractiveness. ~Jack

…You just made it against the rules to do any of the things that every guy doesn't want to do with his girlfriend…This is definitely a trap. ~Jack

I'm not afraid of letting my love show. I'm afraid of not showing it. ~Hadley

5 Suns

1 comment:

  1. This sounds so good! I'll definitely be checking it out. Thanks for the awesome review :D

    Eileen @ BookCatPin

    ReplyDelete