Friday, July 23, 2021

My Favorite Non-Review Books for June 2021

 I'm back with My Favorite Non-Review Books!
I'm late posting my June favorites since July is almost gone. Can you believe it?   
 
As a blogger sometimes writing reviews can feel like a chore so it seems I rarely write reviews for non-review books anymore. I feel bad about that, because it's not that I didn't enjoy them less than the books I review here, just that I don't have the time or energy to write a review for each and every book I read. I thought it would be nice to list my favorite non-review books each month to bring more attention to them.

 June 2021 Favorites:



I think I got this as a Kindle freebie and then borrowed the audio from the library. Kaine is a grump because he's hurting and Piper is a sweetie. Their no-strings arrangement turns into way more, and I loved it! I bought Riven Night in the Tin Gypsy series after reading because it features Kaine's brother and I want his story after reading this one!



Forever had a Zoom/Facebook virtual conversation about to talk about great Summer reads, and they recommended this one. Love romances where single parents fall in love! The kids, Jenna's 8 year old twins and Nate's 2 year old daughter were so cute.



I read this ten years ago and it's one of my all-time favorite novellas. Seeing the ten year anniversary come up for it made me wonder if I'd still like it as much as I did the first time, and I did! Forced proximity (Cadan and Makenna get stuck in an elevator together) and instant attraction make for a sizzling romance! 


Anna is overcome with grief after losing her fiancĂ© so she decides to take the trip they meant to alone. Sailing by yourself is not for the faint of heart, and she ends up needing help and hires Keane, a professional sailor, and sexy Irishman!  He has his own baggage to deal with. Another forced proximity sort of romance, but with beautiful stops along the way. I loved this slow burn romance!


I've loved every one of Claudia Connor's Walker/McKinney romances! This is a big family marked by tragedy, each finding their own HEA. This time it's Luke Walker. He's a bit adrift after exiting the Army and is biding is time working at his sister's Equestrian Therapy Ranch. He meets Ana at his brother's wedding, immediately intrigued by her, and not realizing she's blind. The way he handles it after was so lovely.  It was a meet cute and they spent a magical night getting to know each other. Loved this romance so much! 


Quirky and fun! I laughed so many times while listening! Another Grump meets Sunshine romance, which is like catnip for me!


Well, this was my June list. How about you? Did you have any memorable non-review books in June?



12 comments:

  1. You know I loved both Twice Shy and Float Plan. Definitely my two favorite romances this summer. And I really like the sound of both Tragic and Waiting On the Rain! Have a great weekend. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of these yet but I'm glad you enjoyed them. Sometimes it is easier to enjoy if one doesn't have to write a review! I've been reading more contemporary romance this summer.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twice Shy was quirky. I wasn't that keen on the AU stuff, but I did enjoy the book. Loved that couple. Float Plan is a favorite. I felt so much when I read that book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for a freebie that had you wanting more of the series. I love the Claudia O'Connor books and haven't read this one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read Hearts in Darkness back when it came out too and really liked it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to read Twice Shy and Float Plan. Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Twice Shy on my Kindle, just waiting for me. I need to get to it sooner than later. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Devney Perry but haven't made my way to Tragic (or that companion series) yet. And Down Too Deep hit me hard for some reason. There's nothing super special about it, but man, I seriously loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting books :)
    And where have July gone?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard good things about Float Plan!!

    Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete