Saturday, February 16, 2013

Review: Damaged Goods by Lainey Reese

Damaged Goods (New York, #2)
Damaged Goods by Lainey Reese
Published on August 1, 2012 by Samhain Publishing
Purchase: Amazon
About the book
"Dominance. Submission. Murder. And that s just before lunch. "

"New York, Book 2"

Homicide detective Brice Marshall s current case has him stymied and frustrated. A serial killer is slaughtering young women. After a long, fruitless day poring over the most gruesome evidence he s ever seen, he needs a break.

Stepping into his cousin s BDSM club is a reminder that there is another part of himself. A part that has been left empty in a life ruled by work. The fact is, he s a Dom in search of a sub. When he bumps into Terryn, a slender redhead who s new to the scene, her wide-eyed eagerness even in the face of her nerves attracts him like gravity.

Terryn is the sub of his dreams, with the power to ease his soul. Without warning the murder case reaches ugly tentacles into the most private part of his world the woman he wants to claim as his own. The woman whose stubborn search for the delicate balance between sub life and independence could put her directly in the path of the killer.

Warning: This book contains BDSM play, M/F/M m nage, graphic language and a drool-worthy Dom on the hunt for a sub "and" a killer.
My Thoughts:
My oh my that was spicy!!  Lainey Reese has written another steam filled romance, but this time around there is a murderer on the loose and the sexy Brice will have to find the murderer before it's too late.

First off I laughed my bookies off when Terryn told Brice why she wanted to be a sub.  She told him that she reads a lot of romance novels and loves the bad boys.  That right there made me love the girl LOL!  It made me wonder how many BDSM clubs have seen their numbers jump since the whole romance novel took a turn into kinky.  I have a feeling Terryn probably isn't alone in her thinking =P  Okay moving on!

 I really enjoyed this story.  The first book in the series Table For Three was good, but I am a sucker for a good murder mystery so this Damaged Goods was more my style.  The story is very intricate with the killer having quotes in the beginning of certain chapters and I was honestly caught off guard by who the killer actually was.  I was confused up till the final moment because the author did a fantastic job at weaving two possible choices.

The romance between Terryn and Brice was hawt and steamy.  I won't lie there were a few moments where I wanted Terryn to stand up for herself and I wished she would have been a little more dominant.  I am not one for sharing either.  I tend to like my alpha men to be possessive and jealous beyond all measure, but since Terryn was willing and not made to do something she didn't want I can look past a few scenes and enjoy the story for what it was.  These two were perfect for each other.  Terryn was open and willing to be what Brice needed and wanted and Brice in turn was just what Terryn needed in her life.

Damaged Goods was a good book that left me wanting more mystery in my life and I think I have found a new author to keep a look out for!
3 Suns


 

No comments:

Post a Comment