Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Review & Interview: Rush by Maya Banks

Today on Waves of Fiction we are honored to have Maya Banks with us!  I recently had the privilege of reading RUSH, her latest novel, and after reading it I had a few questions that she was gracious enough to answer for me =)  Take a look... 

Hi Maya! Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Thanks for having me! :) 
1. Describe Rush in five words or less.
Emotional, forbidden romance, sexy, erotic

2.There is one scene and I know you know which one I am talking about that totally ripped my heart out. Was it difficult writing that scene and also was it just as difficult writing what happened after? 
It was a very emotional scene because the hero absolutely screws up. He reacts strongly to the knowledge that he has deeper feelings for the heroine than he thought or expected. His attempt to distance himself totally backfires and before he can call a halt to something he knows is terribly wrong, it had already gone too far and he's in agony over what he did. So yeah, it was hard to write because I didn't intend for it to be a GOOD scene at all. The hero makes a very serious mistake and the rest of the book is about him making up for that, messing up again and finally proving to the heroine that she can count on him and that he loves her and wants to be with her.

3.Without giving spoilers what was your favorite scene in the book? 
I love the ending when the Gabe really grovels to get Mia back :)

4.I really enjoyed reading Gabe and Mia's story and I am super excited to read Jace's story. Can you give a little glimpse into the next book FEVER? 
FEVER is more emotionally intense than RUSH is (in my opinion) Jace is absolutely knocked for a loop by a woman who will change all the rules for him and Ash. His romance is angsty and rife with supercharged emotional moments as he struggles to overcome the mistakes he makes.

5.If you had to pick one song for RUSH what would it be?
I thought Glitter in the Air by Pink was appropriate for RUSH For FEVER? I had several but the one I listened to most and I thought fit the heroine, Bethany, was Titanium by Sia.

Thanks so much for stopping by Maya!  I can't wait to get my hands on FEVER and from what it sounds like it will be one bumpy ride!
Now for more about RUSH!
Rush (Breathless, #1)
Rush by Maya Banks
Published on February 5, 2013 by Berkley
Purchase: Amazon 
About the book
Gabe, Jace, and Ash: three of the wealthiest, most powerful men in the country. They’re accustomed to getting anything they want. Anything at all. For Gabe, it’s making one particular fantasy come true with a woman who was forbidden fruit. Now she’s ripe for the picking...

When Gabe Hamilton saw Mia Crestwell walk into the ballroom for his hotel’s grand opening, he knew he was going to hell for what he had planned. After all, Mia is his best friend’s little sister. Except she’s not so little anymore. And Gabe has waited a long time to act on his desires.

Gabe has starred in Mia’s fantasies more than once, ever since she was a teenager with a huge crush on her brother’s best friend. So what if Gabe’s fourteen years older? Mia knows he’s way out of her league, but her attraction has only grown stronger with time. She’s an adult now, and there’s no reason not to act on her most secret desires.

As Gabe pulls her into his provocative world, she realizes there’s a lot she doesn’t know about him or how exacting his demands can be. Their relationship is intense and obsessive, but as they cross the line from secret sexual odyssey to something deeper, their affair runs the risk of being exposed—and vulnerable to a betrayal far more intimate than either expected.
My Thoughts:
Gabe has always wanted Mia, but he knows she is off limits.  Mia is not only his business partners younger sister but she is also a lot younger than him and from what Gabe has seen not ready for the type of relationship that he wants.  That all changes when Mia goes to a banquet for Gabe's company.  When Mia walks into the room all Gabe can see is her and he knows he has to have her.  What Gabe doesn't know is that Mia has always wanted Gabe and when she offered the opportunity to be with him she jumps on the chance.  Mia and Gabe start seeing each other in what they both consider a casual relationship but when emotions start entering the pictures things get muddy and it truly is a race to the finish to see if they can overcome all their obstacles and be together.

This story was such a head spin!  From the first scene to the end I was completely glued to the pages.  When this story first starts out it does resemble Fifty Shades of Grey but looks can be deceiving and by the third chapter Rush takes on a life of its own.  I was very pleasantly surprised by the sudden turn of events and after that third chapter I never thought of Fifty again.

Gabe is strong, very alpha, and knows what he wants which is Mia.  He stops at nothing to get her and I loved how fierce he was.  What really captivated me though was that even though he wanted Mia all to himself he still let her have a life. So many stories I read the guy is overbearing and won't let his love interest enjoy being out with her friends.  Gabe is different, when Mia lies about going out he doesn't get mad at her for going he gets mad because he worried about her and would have gladly provided transportation and security for her and her friends. His main concern was her safety and that was endearing to me.  There is one exception to this though.  Gabe goes through a "Oh my gawd I might have feelings for Mia" and when this happens he does something that I can't forgive him for.  I am still beyond mad at this man and I wasn't happy how Mia accepted him after.  It was a very emotional moment for me and I am very curious how other readers will deal with what happens.

If I take out that one scene then this book was amazing, with that scene in I have to take a star away.  The overall story was very exciting and I hoped with everything I had that Gabe and Mia would stop fighting the love they had for one another and just accept it.  Their story is filled with lots of heartache so be warned before reading.

While I enjoyed Rush I am way more excited to get my hands on Jace's story.  Jace is Mia's big brother and well we learn quite a few things about this man that have definitely piqued my interest.  I have a feeling this series is just going to get better and better!
4 Suns




1 comment:

  1. I was a little nervous about this one. The last couple of the “dominating billionaire” books I’ve read have been so so for me, and Maya Banks can be a hit or miss author for me. I’m so glad I took the chance.

    I really really enjoyed this one.

    regards,
    irene of Career Coaching Services

    ReplyDelete