Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Waves of Fiction 2015 Reading Challenge - Team Update

It's time for our Waves of Fiction 2015 Reading Challenge Update!
Several of us at Waves of Fiction started this reading challenge at the beginning of the year. To learn more about it, you can go HERE for the details. 

With four months since we started, all of us have made some pretty good progress. So let's see what we've accomplished this month!

This month I was able to complete the last three challenge items on my board, so I've completely finished this challenge!! Here's what I had left:
A book that's been on my TBR more than a year - Sentinel by Jennifer Armentrout
A book set in Scotland - On Dublin Street by Samantha Young
A book by an Australian Author - Lick by Kylie Scott
I really had a great time doing this reading challenge. What I liked most was jumping into genres I haven't read for a while like historical romances and tackling some books that have been on my TBR for a while such as Outlander and Sentinel. I'll probably spend the rest of the year exploring more books that fall into these same categories.

A third book in a series - Blind Faith by Rebecca Zanetti
A book set in a college - Before I Fall by Jessica Scott
A book that's been in your TBR more than a year - Alpha & Omega by Patricia Briggs
A book with a color in the title - Silver Bastard by Joanna Wylde
I seriously thought I only knocked off two in the reading challenge this last month, but I was happy to find four! I didn't consciously pick books this last month because I've been really busy.  I have a book picked out for my Time Travel choice, so I'll have to get to that one soon.

Once again, I was a slacker and didn't post my challenge last month. And sadly, between March & April I didn't get as many books read as I hoped. I've got several books on my TBR list planned for the challenge and hope to read them soon!


A book rec’ed by a friend: Reasonable Doubt by Whitney Garcia Williams
A book by a new-to-you author: Arouse by Nina Lane
A book with a number in the title: TheFive Stages of Falling in Love by Rachel Higginson

This month I have held pretty steady. I didn't finish as many as I had hoped, but at this pace I will definitely finish this challenge and I am proud of that.  Congrats to Arlene for kicking this challenges bookies!!  Great job Arlene!
Okay here's what I managed to knock off this month..
A book that has won as award--A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin
A book that you shouldn't read in public--Crash & Burn by Abigail Roux
A book that has been on your tbr for over a year--On the Edge by Ilona Andrews




4 comments:

  1. I'm getting so close!

    A Book With a Number in the Title: 10 Years Later by J. Sterling
    A Book That's a Stand-Alone Title: Kissing Ted Callahan (and Other Guys) by Amy Spalding
    A Book That Has Won an Award: Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
    A Book that Most of Your GR Flist Has read: Tangled (Tangled #1) by Emma Chase
    A Book With More than 300 Pages: The Royal We by Heather Cocks & Jessica Morgan

    I just have two categories left!

    Great job on the challenge all of you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Eva, you are kicking butt on the challenge! I thought Tangled by Emma Chase was fun. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi, ladies! Here is my progress:

    A book by an Australian Author: Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
    A book set in the past: The Girl You Left Behind by Jojo Moyes
    A book that takes place in a small town: I’ll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios

    @ Arlene: Wow, congratulations!

    @ Rachel: What did you pick out for the Time Travel category? I have a hard time with it.

    @ Brandie: Good luck next month!

    @ Crystal: Glad to hear about your progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Big Little Lies! I really want to try The Girl You Left Behind and I haven't read I'll Meet You There. Awesome job on your progress! :)

      Delete