Friday, May 31, 2013

Review: Jet by Jay Crownover

Jet (Marked Men, #2)

Jet by Jay Crownover
Published May 28th 2013

About the book:
With his tight leather pants and a sharp edge that makes him dangerous, Jet Keller is every girl’s rock and roll fantasy. But Ayden Cross is done walking on the wild side with bad boys. She doesn’t want to give in to the heat she sees in Jet’s dark, haunted eyes. She’s afraid of getting burned from the sparks of their spontaneous combustion, even as his touch sets her on fire.

Jet can’t resist the Southern Belle with mile-long legs in cowboy boots who defies his every expectation. Yet the closer he feels to Ayden, the less he seems to know her. While he’s tempted to get under her skin and undo her in every way, he knows firsthand what happens to two people with very different ideas about relationships.

Will the blaze burn into an enduring love. . . or will it consume their dreams and turn them to ashes?


My Thoughts:
There is something about this author's writing that is so perfect to me. Her books flow seamlessly and I found it impossible to put this down - I loved every word. If I thought Rule was fantastic - Jet completely blew me away. And when I wanted to be angry at both Jet or Ayden at times, the author made me see their points of view so amazingly that I felt like I could relate to them and their circumstances. I fell in love with both of them and absolutely loved their story.

Jet is the lead singer in a local metal band, runs his own studio, and is dealing with family issues. He’s always been content with hooking up with random groupies and just living his life how he wants, as long as he always has his music. He wasn’t expecting one girl could change his entire view on love and relationships.

Ayden Cross was a puzzle, that every time I thought I was close to solving, proved to have five extra pieces and no corners.

Ayden is attending Denver University, determined to live a completely different life from the one she ran from in Kentucky. She knows she wants a stable career and relationship and has worked really hard to convince everyone she’s someone different then the girl she was in Kentucky, hiding all of her secrets from her closest friends. Her plan doesn’t include falling for the sexy, talented and panty-melting Jet, who doesn’t appear to have any goals or future planned.

Jet Keller was all kinds of temptation wrapped up in too-tight pants and with too many personal demons hidden in those dark, golden-rimmed eyes.

Both Jet and Ayden run around with the same group of friends (her best friend is dating one of his best friends) and they can’t deny the attraction they feel for each other. One night Ayden throws caution out the window and gives into her attraction for Jet, hitting on him – and he shoots her down, unwilling to corrupt the girl he thinks is too good for him.

Fast forward a year and Jet has become Ayden’s roommate, moving into the house she shares with her friend, Cora. Both Jet & Ayden try everything in their power to fight their feelings for each other and to remain friends, with no avail. Their constant resistance didn’t bother me because I loved the intense buildup of their relationship. I was able to understand and sympathize with the reasons they both had for fighting their growing attraction for each other.

This is definitely the type of book where the two main characters do a lot of denying and fighting their love when it’s obvious they are meant to be together. But it was that back and forth that made the book so good. You also had their friends helping them out along the way, giving them advice and guidance. Can’t help but adore every single person in this group of friends - I love them all!

What I loved most was the undeniable connection and chemistry that scorched between Jet & Ayden. It was clear to me from the beginning that these two were perfect for each other, they complimented each other and most importantly would understand each other so much, if they finally let their walls down and shared their secrets.

The suspense of whether they were ever going to be honest with each other about their pasts was intense and had me unable to put the book down. They both were holding so much back, afraid of getting really close to someone and letting them know the REAL them. But when they finally give in to each other – it was incredible!

This man, who was all metal and tattoos that bled out anger and frustration, really had the softest and kindest heart I had ever encountered in my life.

When you find someone, someone who gets you, who understands you, it’s worth fighting for.

'I could see forever with you, and could promise you every day that it’ll just be me and you.'


I’m absolutely in love with this author’s writing style and can’t wait for her next book about Rome! This one was easily added to my favorite list. A total roller coaster of emotions – but totally worth the ride!


5 Suns




1 comment:

  1. I loved rule and I really liked jet. It was a good read but not as passionate as rule. However, I will be waiting patiently for Rome.

    Charmaine Smith (Fishing Lodge Alaska)

    ReplyDelete