Thursday, May 30, 2013

Review: Cut & Run by Madeleine Urban & Abigail Roux

Cut & Run (Cut & Run #1)
Cut & Run by Madeleine Urban & Abigail Roux
Published on  September 1, 2008 by Dreamspinner Press
Purchase Amazon
About the book
A series of murders in New York City has stymied the police and FBI alike, and they suspect the culprit is a single killer sending an indecipherable message. But when the two federal agents assigned to the investigation are taken out, the FBI takes a more personal interest in the case.

Special Agent Ty Grady is pulled out of undercover work after his case blows up in his face. He's cocky, abrasive, and indisputably the best at what he does. But when he's paired with Special Agent Zane Garrett, it's hate at first sight. Garrett is the perfect image of an agent: serious, sober, and focused, which makes their partnership a classic clich: total opposites, good cop-bad cop, the odd couple. They both know immediately that their partnership will pose more of an obstacle than the lack of evidence left by the murderer.

Practically before their special assignment starts, the murderer strikes again this time at them. Now on the run, trying to track down a man who has focused on killing his pursuers, Grady and Garrett will have to figure out how to work together before they become two more notches in the murderer's knife.

My Thoughts:
My first attachment to M/M was Qhuinn and Blay from the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. There was just something about these two men that totally grabbed me and I was addicted to them.  Unfortunately after reading their story in the latest BDB release I was very disappointed and thought I would never find what I had hoped for when I picked up their book. Boy was I wrong!  Ty and Zane are everything that I wanted Qhuay to be and more!  I am so glad that I picked this book up!  I will always love Qhuay, but Ty and Zane are my new addiction!

Ty and his badarse self gets paired with Zane to investigate a serial killer.  This killer is like no other and they find that he might be someone on the inside.  This case was intense and I found myself on the edge of my seat the entire time.  Sometimes side stories in books bother me, but not this one.  I guessed the killer really early on, but it still didn't stop me from loving the mystery. 

The main story is Ty and Zane's relationship and it was beyond explosive.  These two I just have no words for.  I felt their struggles and I was so surprised at how their roles with each other changed mid story.  It felt right for the story though and honestly for the first time in a long time I can say that this story was more realistic than fiction.  People don't go through what these two went through and come through fine and dandy.  The authors let both characters have scars and they showed.  I really appreciated this because it made them all the more real and it showed the damage that was done.  I will say these two have a long road ahead of them, but I plan to be front and center to watch it all unfold.

Ty is by far one of my favorite characters EVER!  From page one he had my attention and even though I love Zane too, Ty holds my heart.  His humor and well just everything about him is fanfreakingtastic!  He is a Recon Marine need I say more??!! I think I tagged at least 40 different parts of the story just because of him.

“Zane’s good hand flashed out and smacked Ty upside the back of the head. “Ow! What the hell?” Ty cried as he rubbed his head and huffed. “You’re lucky I repress the Instakill for you,” he muttered.” 

LOVE him!  Plus after reading this I knew I was never going to be able to put these books down.

“It was now or never. Zane took a slow, deep breath and ducked his chin, tilted his head sideways, and slid his lips firmly against Ty’s.” 

That part right there did me in.   These two danced around each other so much and when the moment finally happened it was everything I could have hoped for and so much more.   I can't describe that moment but *sigh* it was just brilliant.  I also have to mention the honestly between Ty and Zane.  With so much alpha going on I honestly thought they wouldn't ever talk or give in, but from the get go you get to see each of them let their guards down and I loved it.  Their confessions may have been in hushed whispers but they heard each other loud and clear.  And I cannot wait to hear more!

5 Suns







No comments:

Post a Comment