Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Review: Abducting Abby (Dragon Lords of Valdier #1) by S.E. Smith

Abducting Abby (Dragon Lords of Valdier #1) by S.E. Smith
Published March 24th 2012
Abby Tanner is content to live on her mountain creating her beautiful works of art and enjoying the peace and quiet. All of that changes when a strange golden space ship crash lands on it. Now, Abby has to deal with a golden ship, a tortured alien, and an insane local sheriff.


Zoran Reykill knew he had to find a safe place to heal after he escapes from a Curizan military post. When his symbiosis mothership takes him to an unknown planet he finds more than he expects – he finds his true mate. The only problems are Abby doesn’t understand a thing he says and the local sheriff wants her too. There is only one thing the King of Valdier can do, abduct his true mate.


Now Zoran has his hands full trying to keep his true mate safe in his own world while trying to help her accept her new life. He will need all the help he can get to help his stubborn human accept she can make a life in a place other than her mountain back on Earth. He just needs to keep her alive long enough to enjoy it and away from the other males on his planet who wouldn’t mind helping her accept her new sensual body.

One thing he knows he will never regret – abducting Abby.


My Thoughts
This one required a much needed exercise in suspending my reality. After reading a ton of contemporary fiction, I decided to cleanse my reading palette and try something different that was out of the ordinary and not my normal pick. Abducting Abby kept catching my eye, and I decided to give it a go.

I actually liked this SciFi fiction mixed with erotic romance. The lore reminded me a bid of Lover Eternal from the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, where Zoran Reykill is King of Valdier and the Dragon Lord. He escapes from a Curizan military post after being held captive and beaten. His symbiosis takes him to a safe place in the mountains of Earth to recover.

That is where Abby Tanner comes across Zoran's ship and eventually nurses him back to health. During that process, Zoran's symbiosis becomes Abby's protector and aligns itself to her in allegiance. Eventually, Zoran and Abby become true mates and he takes her back to his world, where she starts her transformation as a dragon.

Oh I know it all sounds so strange, but it really works! I willing suspended my reality and went with the twists and turns of this story. I liked the alpha, dragon, king side of Zoran, and I like I said before, he reminded me a lot of Rhage from Lover Eternal.

Abby was an interesting character as well. I enjoyed seeing her align with her foursome posse of hard-headed girls from Earth. It sounds like her human friends will each be getting their own book alongside one of Zoran's brothers.

Interesting SciFi romance that I'm glad I picked up and explored it through a different side of my reading lens…
3 Suns

No comments:

Post a Comment